Everyone has heard how breakfast is the most important meal of the day. This is not just a saying, but is a very true statement. In the morning, you should be consuming the most healthy food choices in order to feed your body so that you give yourself the proper nutrients, and fuel it with energy for the day.
This is not just a saying, but is a very true statement. In the morning, you should be consuming the most healthy food choices in order to feed your body so that you give yourself the proper nutrients, and fuel it with energy for the day.
So what types of foods should you avoid, and what should you consume? To start your health breakfast habit, avoid fast food breakfasts. Fast food restaurants not only cook high fat foods, but cook foods in unhealthy ways with frying, cooking in lots of oil and fats, and fry food.
• Fried potatoes
• Donuts and pastries
• Pancakes and waffles
• Coffee and biscuits or donuts
• White bread or French toast
• Fried eggs and cheesy omelets
• Refined sugars like sugary cereals
• Foods using cream or cheese
You should also avoid fast food breakfasts. They pack their breakfast foods full of fat, sugar and calories. So instead of eating on the go, what can you choose to give your body the fuel and energy it needs to get you through the morning, without adding fat and calories?
• Uzuma juice!
• Poached or boiled eggs
• Different cheeses, in healthy quantities
• Cottage cheese topped with sliced tomato or fruit
• Freshly squeezed fruit and vegetable juices
• Fruit smoothie with plain, low-fat vanilla yogurt
• Fresh fruit; such as bananas, fresh blueberries, and strawberries
• Low-fat milk in healthy quantities; used on your cereal or drink in a glass
• Healthy hot or cold cereal that is packed with vitamins and minerals, not sugar
• Healthy breakfast burrito with protein and vitamins and minerals
• Whole wheat toast with a protein topping; such as boiled or poached egg, non-processed turkey with tomato, cottage cheese or low fat nut-butter
• Healthy, vitamin and mineral packed shake. Using a packet of, no-sugar-added, instant breakfast, combine the instant breakfast powder with low-fat or soy milk, fresh fruit; such as, fresh strawberries, banana, or blueberries
One idea that is not only filling; to help keep you full longer so that you can get you through your morning satisfied, but is also very healthy, is to take a slice of toasted whole wheat bread. Top your bread with 3 tablespoons of Ricotta cheese, then add a few slices of tomatoes, and drizzle it with about a teaspoon of olive oil. Then season it with just a tad of salt and pepper. This is a high-in-protein breakfast idea that will also give you vitamins from the tomato, as well as it includes the healthy olive oil and protein from the cheese.
Breakfast doesn't have to be boring. You can make breakfast interesting and delicious. You can mix and match foods, as well as you can mix and match juices to create a healthy drink that is packed full of nutrients. There are lots of alternatives to creating a healthy breakfast that will help keep you satisfied by keeping you full longer, and cut your calories to help you either stay trim, or lose those unwanted pounds.