Hunger Strikes After a Workout
A workout is excellent. The exercise may have caused your appetite to increase. It is a really good idea to choose good foods after a strenuous workout. Most people will need to satisfy their hunger craving after any type of exercise. There are several foods that really should not be eaten after a trip to the local gym. A good workout will offer many health benefits. Poor food choices to alleviate the hunger cravings may just counteract the purpose of exercise. There are foods that should be avoided to ensure that the workout completely offers the full health benefits.
1. Raw vegetables; These are healthy and filled with nutrients. They do not energize a body after a workout. A body requires something more substantial to help muscles recover and keep the energy level high.
2. Cheese; This is a large source of saturated fat. High-fat and processed cheeses are not good choices after a workout.
3. Salty Snacks; Extra salt can cause an unbalance in a body after a vigorous workout. The workout will cause extra sweating. The electrolytes will need to be replenished. This does include sodium. Snacks that are high in salt may just be considered as overdoing it. This will cause bloating.
4.Bread; This is a starch that will swiftly turn into sugar. This will not replenish it with the needed nutrients after a workout.
5. Chocolate or candy; These two items will not offer any beneficial elements to a body after a workout. There is very little nutritional value in these items.
6. Pizza; There is a lot of saturated fat and salt upon refined breads.
7. Fruit drinks and soda: Soda is pure sugar. There are many fruit drinks that are also very high in sugar. These do not offer a steady and gradual recovery from a workout. Consuming too much sugar will not benefit.
8. High-sugar energy bars; These are not the most beneficial after workout food. A bar that is low in sugar is better.
9. Cereal; There are many cereals that have a lot of sugar. The fiber is removed from cereal if it has an excess of sugar it.
10. Pastries and doughnuts; These are high in saturated fat. This will clog arteries. They will not offer nutrition that will help the body recover after a workout.
11. French fries; This will only offer starch, fat and will not provide needed protein.
12. Fried eggs; When an egg is fried it may get cooked in butter. The egg will be healthier if it is boiled.
13. Pancakes; The added toppings do not offer benefits. These include;*powdered sugar *butter *syrup. These may spike the sugar level. The processed white flour and sugar will not benefit a body after a workout.
14. Processed meats and bacon; High in fat and salt. These will slow down digestion.
This is a sample list of food items that really do not benefit a body after a workout. If you are interested in obtaining great health and would like to feel nourished after working out then you may want to avoid these foods that are listed.. There are numerous foods that will prove beneficial to eat after a workout.